Curtin Open Day
On the 6th of August, thousands of students, parents, and professionals gathered at Curtin’s Annual Open Day to experience all that University life has to offer.
In between lectures, workshops and campus events, the community were treated to a variety of entertainment including quality acts, performances and wacky props especially selected by our team - Think fabulously friendly ladies on stilts walking around campus, the appearance of Famous Sharron, traditional dances, a photo booth (in a kombi!) and a gigantic inflatable chair to make you feel like royalty.
Take a look at some of the photos from the wonderful day:
A special thank you to our long time partner, Curtin University, for choosing Spirit Events to curate entertainment for everyone to enjoy for six consecutive years! The idea of walking onto a University campus for the first time can be quite daunting, so being able to make people laugh and providing a fun environment for new students is a very rewarding experience.
"Spirit Events and Entertainment source and manage all entertainment for our largest recruitment event of the year, Open Day. Andi and Chris are fantastic at what they do and ensure that every detail is captured and delivered on.
It is so great to work with people who genuinely love their job and care about the people they work with. Looking forward to working with you again in 2018!"
- Curtin University
We’d also like to thank the following artists and groups for their fantastic performances:
- Beleeza Samba, for their spectacular group of drummers and dancers
- Muchos Mariachi, for their colourful and lively mariachi performance
- Famous Sharron, for delighting everyone with her celebrity status
- Enchanted Stiltwalking and characters, for their stilt walking skills and fabulous outfits
- Palm Tree Rockers, for the lovely rollerskating ladies
- Nightnorns, for their beautiful performances
- The Inflatable Group, for their gigantic inflatable horse
- Flying Glow worm, for the wacky and hilarious presence
- Big Red Chair, for the… big red chair!
- MonsterBall Amusements, for providing the zorb balls and bouncy castle
- Old Macdonalds Travelling Farm, for the petting zoo, it was a big hit with the kids!
If you’d like to receive regular updates of previous and upcoming events, sign up to our newsletter on the Home page!